Hi, I'm Fresca! I'm taking over the blog this week for National Pet Day (this happened on Monday!)! I was excited because my mom and dad spoiled me so much with treats, pets, and snuggles. So, I really wanted to say thank you to them by writing them a sweet note. The paw-blem is that I don't have a card to give to them! What's a dog to do?
I decided to ask Mom for some help on this one, as I don't have opposable thumbs to hold anything. I know that she will see my card ahead of time, but it's the thought that counts, right?
- Cardstock and printer paper
- Glue stick or other adhesive
- Greeting cards (as a template)
- Ink pad
- Cute free clipart template (optional)
1. Trace greeting card onto cardstock of choice and cut along the lines. You don't have to cut the cardstock at all if you prefer a bigger card. The greeting card I used was 4 in. by 6 in.
2. Fold the cut out horizontally to create a crease in the card.
3. Trace your cute template onto printer paper and cut out.
4. Glue traced template onto card.
5. Place your paw on the ink pad evenly and press evenly on white paper (mine smeared because I moved! Dog life.). Note: The ink my mom used here actually stained my poor paws. If you don't want any of my buddies to have the same experience, you could trace their paw or try a more washable paint.
6. I asked Mom to write my favorite phrase on the front of the card. I also asked her to decorate it! It's a surprise so you will have to see what it looks like at the end! (Excuse my hair in the picture! I shed a little!)
7. Mom forgot to take pictures for this step so here is a descriptive version: Trace the greeting card onto the rest of the white printer paper. Cut out traced card approximately 1/2 inch inside of the traced line. Glue the printer paper to the card in the same direction of the card you just made.
8. Mom wrote down the sweet note that I wanted to tell them on the white paper.
9. Admire your work and give to Mom and Dad!
My grandma and my boyfriend, Finny the goldendoodle (Instagram: @dentaldoodle), would probably love one, too, so give your card to a human (or dog) that you love! Thanks for reading and have a PAW-SOME day!
Fresca and Sarah